December 11, 2018, 11:53:36 am

Topic: Auto-potting script  (Read 5794 times)

Offline mecca450

• View Profile
Auto-potting script
« on: July 31, 2013, 05:49:50 pm »
If I write a script that detects what color my HP bar is at certain locations (to determine how low my HP is) and automatically uses potions accordingly, is that considered cheating?

"The usage of scripts and/or any tools or addons is prohibited." That is what one of the rules say; but this script doesn't modify the game in any way.

I currently do not use an auto-potting script. I would just like to know if it is against the rules before I decide to write one.
-Bioterror

Offline Daraia

• I wove Tech Support!
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-potting script
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 06:07:28 pm »
Well ... How about if you read Rules?
  • The usage of scripts and/or any tools or addons is prohibited.
  • Do not use any hacks, exploits and any other form of cheats.

But you can also put your HP Potions on Esper, open Settings and make ... 30% for example. Put healing on 1 or 0 seconds, turn off monster killing and skill usage and you will auto put when you hit 30% or less.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:10:55 pm by Daraia »
The hell you want?

Offline mecca450

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 06:18:47 pm »
Well ... How about if you read Rules?
  • The usage of scripts and/or any tools or addons is prohibited.
  • Do not use any hacks, exploits and any other form of cheats.

But you can also put your HP Potions on Esper, open Settings and make ... 30% for example. Put healing on 1 or 0 seconds, turn off monster killing and skill usage and you will auto put when you hit 30% or less.

I did read the rules. Note my quotation of one of the rules in my original post.
-Bioterror

Offline Ken

• Nankurunaisa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 11:04:06 pm »
"The usage of scripts and/or any tools or addons is prohibited." <- It says 'usage', and besides, it does actually modify, since it will be potting for you , which you are supposed to do yourself or use the esper.
ANY and ALL scrips/tools , scripts most definitely, are considered cheating, and are prohibited. Plainly, nothing other than what you get with the MD client package is allowed. No scrips, no trainer apps, no hacking tools nothing .
p.s. your script doesn't modify the game, it directly influences gameplay .

Offline mecca450

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 12:03:02 am »
Thank you for your response. I would also like to ask you what your opinion on gaming mice, keyboard, and other controllers that have a macro feature. It isn't uncommon for gaming hardware to have a feature where you can program it to spam a certain button for you. Would you consider that cheating as well?
-Bioterror

Offline Foreplay

• I like Turtles
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 12:43:17 am »
I know there are some gaming keyboards wich you can use in JD to pot faster, i think that would be considered as cheating too but they can't do much about it, yet it can be considered as cheating if you'll heal up your hp in no time by doing that.

How about you all just play fair and don't think about using scripts or any other device that can heal you faster ;), Fair Play buddy.
Revenge? Nah, ill just sit here and let karma fuck you up.

Offline EvilFlippy

• Game Master
  • Double whammy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 05:07:53 am »

How about you all just play fair and don't think about using scripts or any other device that can heal you faster ;), Fair Play buddy.

Here, here.

[Signature by Oceans]

Offline mecca450

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 08:25:20 am »

I do play fair. I follow all of the rules. I just wanted to confirm that these were against the rules, since there was a player who seemed to think that they were both OK. I don't even have a gaming mouse that has a macro feature. I use a Logitecg G500. :D

Thank you for the responses though. Next time, please be more professional behind the scenes.
-Bioterror

Offline Muff

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 03:53:51 pm »
I don't even have a gaming mouse that has a macro feature. I use a Logitecg G500. :D
The G Series does infact have a software "Logitech Gaming Software" with which you can have macro's.  Just saying.

Offline mecca450

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 06:40:36 pm »
I don't even have a gaming mouse that has a macro feature. I use a Logitecg G500. :D
The G Series does infact have a software "Logitech Gaming Software" with which you can have macro's.  Just saying.

o.o

I did not know this. I got it for free at PAX East. I'm too lazy to set it up.
-Bioterror

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Remember to vote for us.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 07:05:46 pm »
"The usage of scripts and/or any tools or addons is prohibited." <- It says 'usage', and besides, it does actually modify, since it will be potting for you , which you are supposed to do yourself or use the esper.
ANY and ALL scrips/tools , scripts most definitely, are considered cheating, and are prohibited. Plainly, nothing other than what you get with the MD client package is allowed. No scrips, no trainer apps, no hacking tools nothing .
p.s. your script doesn't modify the game, it directly influences gameplay .

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Submit a ticket at www.monkeydynasty.org/support for help.
Account trading is prohibited.
You may not vote on more than one account in a 6 hour period.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Remember to vote for us.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 07:07:37 pm »

Thank you for the responses though. Next time, please be more professional behind the scenes.

What goes on behind the scenes is absolutely none of your business. You just happen to be roommates with a GS. Are you going to put your friend in the position where he would lose that role on the server because of your actions?
What goes on in staff chat is absolutely none of your business, and I honestly don't care if you approve or not.
Submit a ticket at www.monkeydynasty.org/support for help.
Account trading is prohibited.
You may not vote on more than one account in a 6 hour period.

Offline mecca450

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 09:48:06 pm »
My actions? I am the one putting him in a position where he might lose his job? When I was told what they were saying, I made it my business; especially because they were misinterpreting my post.
-Bioterror

Offline EvilFlippy

• Game Master
  • Double whammy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 04:42:45 am »
Morning,

the only thing said about your post was that it's cheating, isn't that the answer you were looking for?
I don't see how that was misinterpreting  anything or not being professional. Maybe your friend should go and read again the one sentence that was said about it.

And like Perry said, Staff chat is none of your business. If you happen to be reading it does not mean you're allowed to go posting around what happens in there. Keep your nose out of it. Your friend was told Staff chat is confidential, e.g. whatever we discuss prior to giving a reply.

con·fi·den·tial  [kon-fi-den-shuhl]
adjective
1) limited to persons authorized to use information, documents, etc., so classified.

You authorized? I don't think so. Kthxbai.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:45:08 am by FliqPy »

[Signature by Oceans]

Server Online
205 Players Online
407 Active Today
Server Time
  • :
  • :
Staff Online
1 Admin now in game!
Tcholok
Quick Chat