December 13, 2018, 09:34:10 am

Topic: Hello ( A new player here )  (Read 5774 times)

Offline Seba

• IGN: pkProject
    • View Profile
Hello ( A new player here )
« on: May 12, 2013, 05:09:44 pm »
Hello everyone, im new in this game ( i mean the whole game not server :P . just saying :) )

I want to ask to the ppls who know this game better than me, wich class u guys suggest me to play, I actualy want a pvp class ... how  to build it etc. Prolly il re-edit my topic with new question but this is the most wich i want to know. Ty in advance :)

Offline Foamy

• May the cookie be with you.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello ( A new player here )
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 01:40:22 pm »
Hello.

Hm, a PvP class you say. Well, all of the factions are PvP if you know how to play 'em that way.

I guess most people who want kills in PvP go Rayan. It's pretty effective, but not a lot of people like to have Rayans as opponents. They're pretty basic to use and deal a lot of dmg.
Vims are a good faction to PvP with, as well as Lupins. They're both designed to have quite a bit of HP and deal heavy dmg. Lupin more so because of its high critbonus.

Really depends on what you want to play.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:27:55 am by Panda! »

Offline Foreplay

• I like Turtles
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 03:49:50 pm »
hello and welcome to MD :D

As for the pvp classes depends on your playstyle. i do a small recap for you in order to decide better what you are interested in:
Celan- excelent support class + some Aoe's and also some good 1v1 skills
Skysong- support + healer + buffer + aoer
Vim - high hp + def + very good 1v1 skills.
Lupin - high hp class +  1hit skills +  excelent in 1v1
jadeon -  1v1 skills and also aoe's more like a hybrid class + high sp + sp buff, lower hp than other classes whatsoever
Incense mage - excellent aoe's +  good crowd control +  party arrays
Modo - Hybrid class it's all you can say about it + good even in 1v1 and even good aoes, also depending on wich affinity you choosing
Arden  good 1v1 class +  summons beasts + plants +  high dmg
Balo - excelent tanking ability and almost all the times they cannot get any neg effect on them (when they have Ancient Soul up) +  good 1v1 class
Forta- high dmg class + different postures + fast atacks + excelent in 1v1's
Voida - good dmg dealer+  kinda aoe'r + unfortunately there is a problem with this class since we dont have asc skills and aff ones, i wouldnt reccomend until this gets fixed
Rayan - more like an assasin class +  can go invisible + can summon shadows + excelent in 1v1 + good combos

guess this will help you out deciding wich class is more suited for you xD
Revenge? Nah, ill just sit here and let karma fuck you up.

Offline therockers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 04:11:32 am »

As for the pvp classes depends on your playstyle. i do a small recap for you in order to decide better what you are interested in:
jadeon -  1v1 skills and also aoe's more like a hybrid class + high sp + sp buff, lower hp than other classes whatsoever
Modo - Hybrid class it's all you can say about it + good even in 1v1 and even good aoes, also depending on wich affinity you choosing
Balo - excelent tanking ability and almost all the times they cannot get any neg effect on them (when they have Ancient Soul up) +  good 1v1 class
Voida - good dmg dealer+  kinda aoe'r + unfortunately there is a problem with this class since we dont have asc skills and aff ones, i wouldnt reccomend until this gets fixed
Rayan - more like an assasin class +  can go invisible + can summon shadows + excelent in 1v1 + good combos

I'm also new to the game, much thanks for this; helped me choose a better class for myself. A question If I may, will a healer/supporter class do good in solo or un-crowded pvp? What I mean is, since I'm new I'll have nobody to play with, can I wander around with my Celan for example and compete?

Offline Foreplay

• I like Turtles
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 07:55:14 am »

I'm also new to the game, much thanks for this; helped me choose a better class for myself. A question If I may, will a healer/supporter class do good in solo or un-crowded pvp? What I mean is, since I'm new I'll have nobody to play with, can I wander around with my Celan for example and compete?

Yes you can 1v1 with a celan aswell, but you need to be very cautious, celans in order to kill they need to sp drain the enemy and then use Soundblade emperor, that's the usual way for a celan to kill someone, the skill got 16 sec cd so if you are lucky and know your things you can take down any other player with equal gears. also they have some aoes not so strong as the ones of a IM's but they are effective in every situation + you will have Moon in The mirror skill, wich is is going to reflect back every dmg you take from someone for 34 sec or so. Unfortunately MiM desnt work vs Ultima from rayan's or tigers from arden and also depending even on the affinity you will get, you will have different other skills to kill with.

Offline Foamy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 09:48:22 am »
Yes you can 1v1 with a celan aswell, but you need to be very cautious, celans in order to kill they need to sp drain the enemy and then use Soundblade emperor, that's the usual way for a celan to kill someone, the skill got 16 sec cd so if you are lucky and know your things you can take down any other player with equal gears. also they have some aoes not so strong as the ones of a IM's but they are effective in every situation + you will have Moon in The mirror skill, wich is is going to reflect back every dmg you take from someone for 34 sec or so. Unfortunately MiM desnt work vs Ultima from rayan's or tigers from arden and also depending even on the affinity you will get, you will have different other skills to kill with.

Spunk looks like he knows what he's talking about. Cough cough. <3

SP drain + buffs + SBE usually tends to 1hit. If your SP is high enough. Also depends a lot on what affinity you go. Fuwa mainly has reflect abilities and imo, can kill with SBE fairly well. They also get more reflect buffs upon using most skills or self-buffs. Unlike Dagos or Felkin. Dagos depends on bleed and silence, while Felkin's awesome with its higher skill eva.

The AoE isn't that good, at least not on lower geared characters. You need a high refined weapon for those skills. But they're effective in grinding and dispelling raja, since they hit multiple times.

MiM lasts, even with the charm, around 23 seconds. I wish it was 34! Lol. Perhaps it lasts longer for Fuwa, true. Agreed, it offers very little protection against summons, but it does dampen the dmg done. Has saved my hide like that countless of times against tigers. It protects you from their bleed as well. But it can fail; meaning it won't reflect, only give you 65 % less damage buff.
But you can silence Ultima, hits you for a few 100 then only. =P

Personally, Fuwa's more tank and more support, because it doesn't offer as many offensive skills as Dagos or Felkin. Offers higher resistances, too. Dagos is offensive and support, while Felkin is mainly offensive. As it is generally for any faction.

Offline Seba

• IGN: pkProject
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 04:49:14 pm »
Ty guys, u rlly helped me and as I can see u also helped others :P Thats good hehe, sadly I saw u say  Voida class is not done yet ... cause I alrdy started it w/o know hes not done .... anyway hopefully I have found a nice guy who helped me alot and teaching me on how to play ( No, I dont say im an expert now xD ). Il go start another class and see hows working :) Ty again, Cheers :)

Offline Foreplay

• I like Turtles
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 07:18:55 pm »

Spunk looks like he knows what he's talking about. Cough cough. <3

SP drain + buffs + SBE usually tends to 1hit. If your SP is high enough. Also depends a lot on what affinity you go. Fuwa mainly has reflect abilities and imo, can kill with SBE fairly well. They also get more reflect buffs upon using most skills or self-buffs. Unlike Dagos or Felkin. Dagos depends on bleed and silence, while Felkin's awesome with its higher skill eva.

The AoE isn't that good, at least not on lower geared characters. You need a high refined weapon for those skills. But they're effective in grinding and dispelling raja, since they hit multiple times.

MiM lasts, even with the charm, around 23 seconds. I wish it was 34! Lol. Perhaps it lasts longer for Fuwa, true. Agreed, it offers very little protection against summons, but it does dampen the dmg done. Has saved my hide like that countless of times against tigers. It protects you from their bleed as well. But it can fail; meaning it won't reflect, only give you 65 % less damage buff.
But you can silence Ultima, hits you for a few 100 then only. =P

Personally, Fuwa's more tank and more support, because it doesn't offer as many offensive skills as Dagos or Felkin. Offers higher resistances, too. Dagos is offensive and support, while Felkin is mainly offensive. As it is generally for any faction.

thank's for the more accurate info's ;D.  i know every bit of every classes but since i never actually played a celan i kinda suck with the buffs timing and such, ty for correcting me on that :)

Offline Veliana

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 09:30:05 pm »
Nice topic for a newbie like me.. Hehehe..
Anyway, is there any sugestion for a newbie to start this game?
Like, choosing class, keep which loot, or anything?
Thanks! ^^

Offline Foamy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 06:27:02 am »
Hello.

Well, as stated above, the  factions depend on your game style. Most factions that are PvE also offer some PvP abilities, those are mainly AoE classes. It's best read up on them on JDpedia;

http://jd-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Factions

Otherwise, regarding drops;

1) Celestial Starfire
2) Dragon Orb of Luck
3) Dragon Bead of Luck
4) Dragon Totem [Yang]
5) Nirvana Ore with Ascension Ore, Immortal Ore and Enlightened Ore

The items above enable you to trade for various things at the NPCs around Sunstream Town. Affinity beads, Chroma beads, Jaki Stone, Recall Chant, Universal Coins, Taichi Pill Packs, etc. Along with Dragon Sigils (+9). So if you do grind it's best to set them up to pick.

6) Monkey Coin
7) Affinity Bead
8 ) Chroma Bead

Monkey Coin is the exchange currency of the Monkey servers. The Banana Stand, Monkey Trade and Fashionista NPCs all have items you can trade for Monkey Coins. Chroma and Affinity beads are important for your character, so if you're grinding in Imperial Citadel or Immortal (Dagos)/Purified (Fuwa)/Fell (Felkin) Lands, it's wise to pick them up, too.

Offline Veliana

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 03:39:20 pm »
Thank you Pandas!
^^
Maybe I'll need help when I'm done downloading this game.. :)
Anyway, what patch does this server have? Legacy? Judgment?
Thanks before ^^

Offline Foamy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 04:22:14 pm »
Hello.

This server has Judgment expansion. =P

Server Online
198 Players Online
396 Active Today
Server Time