December 10, 2018, 06:10:50 pm

Topic: Fix the Star Soul points  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Lazer

• View Profile
Fix the Star Soul points
« on: September 23, 2018, 01:04:30 pm »
You can only get 1 point of starsoul by having 1k of experience.

Would not it be possible to lower the amount of experience to 500 or 250 of experience to be able to use 1 point?

Offline PowerSlave

• View Profile
Re: Fix the Star Soul points
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 03:18:15 pm »
its 1 point for 10k exp

Offline DarthVoida

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 12:08:34 am »
Seems to be working as intended for me.

Offline virtual

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 04:59:09 pm »
Its offi rate and it isnt worth doing atm. Farm 1 week for like +100 AP ? And points u have to spend increase with every stat u click. At this rate it would take like 2 years to max every stat. My suggestion is to increase the exp rate and maybe add low  HDS drop to those mobs. So ppl can do both things at the same time.

Offline DarthVoida

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 11:13:49 am »
I feel the points are fine the way they are, it's what separates casual vs hardcore players; however, I think they should add a little something to the drop table though. At least this will provide an incentive for grinding their.

Offline LuXueqi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 07:35:24 pm »
it's what separates casual vs hardcore players

And that is one of the biggest problems when it comes to attracting new players. They have to fight a constant uphill battle which they can never win, hence why this server is dying just like all other JD pservers because all the new 'content' that good ol' ZX adds, is some kind of a "grind this for 1000 hours, then get this OP shit" instead of some actual content...

On a side note though, the drop rates are ok... grinded there for about 1 night and got 200ad. Not bad, but once again, the OP get more OP and the non-op stay non-op.

Offline Tcholok

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dynasty
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 08:02:56 pm »
And that is one of the biggest problems when it comes to attracting new players. They have to fight a constant uphill battle which they can never win, hence why this server is dying just like all other JD pservers because all the new 'content' that good ol' ZX adds, is some kind of a "grind this for 1000 hours, then get this OP shit" instead of some actual content...

On a side note though, the drop rates are ok... grinded there for about 1 night and got 200ad. Not bad, but once again, the OP get more OP and the non-op stay non-op.

I hear you LuXueqi, balancing things for new and old players alike is quite a challenge. Do you have any suggestions on this front?

Offline xxbrandonx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 08:17:39 pm »
in my opinion if starsoul was boosted x10 , it would do well on that note , some other things could still get boosted like BL6 , if the rates were a little higher it would attract people more into doing it , people are always down on books , because it's beyond random. HDS are now good , which is great , their farming rate is excellent now. Ice orbs could be improved a bit , I know to max all soul cards in level it takes about 21.5-75million ice orbs , In which case we could use more methods of obtaining them , soul ash is good.

Offline xxbrandonx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 08:37:43 pm »
I guess if u provided new accounts aka new players a boost in gear and soul inverters for free would be a start for them , but in any case most things benefit everyone. like giving them free +10 or 11 sigils to get gear up, about 6k soul inverters for a custom stone , some ice orbs and soul ash to catch up , maybe start out with a chi of nirvana and they would have to work towards getting 3 star themselves , just stating ideas , no saying it's the proper approach.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 08:47:41 pm by xxbrandonx »

Offline dafty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 06:55:16 am »

I hear you LuXueqi, balancing things for new and old players alike is quite a challenge. Do you have any suggestions on this front?

well, firstly you should probably make it so that new players actually receive something worthwhile.
you could make this an account bound thing to stop people from abusing it too much, and maybe even make everything bound to stop the abuse even more.
the previous implementation of the 'welcome back to JD' quest was so exploitable that im sure you are all overly cautious of implementing such a thing again, but it DOES help new players when it isnt abused.

maybe 1 or 2k jaden to help as well? you wont be able to refine competitive gears to grind without around 500-1k jaden to begin with, let alone the cost for all other essential items, the player would take like a full week to be relatively stable with jaden. maybe 10k or more gold as well since it is needed for everything. 10k is so little that it cant really be abused seeing as how most items cost upwards of 1m now.

or just say fuck it, and give new players a full set of +11 gears or something (not lumen/gaian of course, maybe lvl 135 only?) since anything below +11 is unable to do anything to begin with (cant grind = cant get started = uninterested player = quitting).

you dont need to add much, but just make the beginning bearable for players.
try making a new character, and only use 1 vote's worth of jaden to get started and see how long it takes before you feel like giving up.

Offline DarthVoida

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 11:08:50 pm »

Well there is a reason why MD has been going for so long its because things aren't easy to get. There are several mechanism of reward triggers in psychology and a variable reward system ends up being the most euphoric, which is why you have a lot of people gambling to get that high. The reason I bring this up is because if things were "easy" there is no sense of accomplishment nor reward contrary to what you might think. It's all within psychology, that's why many celebrities end up turning to drugs and suicide, because there is nothing left to do. So it may not feel like it, but having something to do endlessly is what is actually keeping the game alive and going, making it impossible on the other hand is a different story.

As for 200 ad a night... i 1 shot 4 spawn gold mobs as soon as t hey spawn and i dont even come close to 200 points... how are you getting 200 over 1 night?

Offline DarthVoida

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 11:11:44 pm »
Also, why are so many people talking about things OTHER than starsoul... this is STARSOUL EXP topic, let's try to stick to it.

Offline daft

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2018, 12:33:48 am »

Well there is a reason why MD has been going for so long its because things aren't easy to get. There are several mechanism of reward triggers in psychology and a variable reward system ends up being the most euphoric, which is why you have a lot of people gambling to get that high. The reason I bring this up is because if things were "easy" there is no sense of accomplishment nor reward contrary to what you might think. It's all within psychology, that's why many celebrities end up turning to drugs and suicide, because there is nothing left to do. So it may not feel like it, but having something to do endlessly is what is actually keeping the game alive and going, making it impossible on the other hand is a different story.

As for 200 ad a night... i 1 shot 4 spawn gold mobs as soon as t hey spawn and i dont even come close to 200 points... how are you getting 200 over 1 night?

im not sure what you refer to as 'gold mobs' but I personally grind the ones that appear as a 'boss' on the minimap (big red dot, not small white dot). they give XP ranging from 1 up to ~100 each kill. it seems to be random, but makes the most XP from what i've seen.

Server Online
207 Players Online
418 Active Today
Server Time
  • :
  • :
Staff Online
1 Admin now in game!
Tcholok
Quick Chat
Come talk to us on
Facebook