September 23, 2018, 03:19:06 am

Topic: Given up?  (Read 6515 times)

Offline etnies445

• View Profile
Re: Given up?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 09:17:13 pm »
I didn't mind the server, but how long has it been since you said the patch was coming? Havent seen any GMs log, admins, nothing. Server has dropped to an all time low. Is there actually going to be a patch, or is it better to just lose the hope?

We will be posting some teasers soon.

Lol another broken promise.

Tbh Ive long since given up, im not waiting, it's just theres been -a lot- of broken promises on the management side of this server.

Theres no point to play right now.

No teasers, that was literally 5 months ago...and we've gotten nothing but more "we're working on it come test" over and over and over.

Offline S-HolmeS

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 12:55:27 pm »
We will be posting some teasers soon

he said no thing about when, Soon could mean year, month or a day.
so nothing is broken :P 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline etnies445

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2018, 09:09:16 pm »
Wow, those are some high standards.

Soon = whenever the fuck we get our shit together.

k

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Remember to vote for us.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 10:14:19 am »
I didn't mind the server, but how long has it been since you said the patch was coming? Havent seen any GMs log, admins, nothing. Server has dropped to an all time low. Is there actually going to be a patch, or is it better to just lose the hope?

We will be posting some teasers soon.

Lol another broken promise.

Tbh Ive long since given up, im not waiting, it's just theres been -a lot- of broken promises on the management side of this server.

Theres no point to play right now.

No teasers, that was literally 5 months ago...and we've gotten nothing but more "we're working on it come test" over and over and over.

I'm not very good at things like social media. Honestly, I hate social media. Like, my Twitter picture was the same for 5 years? Until my fiancee changed it for me....

This isn't meant to be an excuse, I'm just trying to be honest. I suck at doing things like taking pictures and sharing them. I didn't grow up with a smartphone in my hand like many of you did.

I don't do Snapchat, I barely do Twitter, I don't do Facebook, I don't do Instagram, etc, etc, etc.

I have been terrible at managing our Facebook page. Keeping people updated, etc.

That being said, anybody has been able to post pictures for the last several months. Anyone.

The test server has been completely open and we've had very little help. Recently, a few new players joined and that will help immensely.

I'm not blaming the players, it's my job, not yours, but if you're going to bitch about it, it's probably fair for me to point out that it's a free-to-play game that pays me less per month than I'll make off of crypto while sitting on the toilet. So, if you really want shit done, you could always help.

Nobody really wants to do that, though. They will claim that they want to, but not show up when asked.
Submit a ticket at www.monkeydynasty.org/support for help.
Account trading is prohibited.
You may not vote on more than one account in a 6 hour period.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Remember to vote for us.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2018, 10:24:01 am »

Well, being 100% honest. There is a combination of issues that have resulted in a slower to complete patch. Some of it is motivation, some is just being busy, some is a lack of manpower, and there are other issues. I don't care to complain or anything, but I haven't been able to put as much time towards this as I would like to and we have had limited assistance with testing the patch.

I don't think you should lose hope. I am still here and I don't intend on seeing the server close. Neither does Tcholok, in fact, the issue has been more with me than him. I have been a little more busy this summer than originally planned. I have caught up on most things and am able to put much more effort into the server. Today, we confirmed that TW is fully working and one of the new instances. We will be posting some teasers soon.

While things have been delayed, we're not shutting down. We have no intention of stopping this project. In fact, we're in the process of testing the Hydran patch which will be applied very soon. I can't give a concrete time for release, but I can say that we're definitely patching it and most of the work has been completed.

I'd like to point out this post.

Motivation was a huge issue in Sept. of last year.  I was near-broke, in debt, stressed out, etc.

Soon after, crypto really took off. I paid off all of my debts, haven't been broke since, and have much less stress.

However, during the time that I was struggling to be the core in-game developer of this server, so much stuff built up that it took months to catch up, and we still haven't been able to.

In my opinion, this patch definitely could have been out by September if it had been handled by me when I first got into it, but I couldn't find my groove.

Being active in forums, in game, working on the server, doing social media, and everything else that goes with it. It's really just too much for one person.

That all being said. I am still committed to pushing this Hydran patch out. We really are working on it, but not anywhere near as much as we, read I, should.

I just got back from a vacation. Literally, my first real vacation ever. Visiting a city, being a tourist, not staying with family or something. I was able to take my kids to all of the places my parents never took me when I was a kid, in the city I grew up in. We were able to eat at some of the same places my parents used to take me too.

I have a surgery on Friday.

My life will always get in the way of development. I can't help that without hiring another developer and we don't even make enough to pay for the server.

We've been paying out of pocket for the server for nearly a year. We in this sentence means Tcholok.

I don't want to make any promises because I genuinely don't know what will happen over the next couple of weeks, but we aren't spinning up a new server for it for nothing. lol. We're not intentionally trying to pay for 3 servers when only one is actually being played on. Right?
Submit a ticket at www.monkeydynasty.org/support for help.
Account trading is prohibited.
You may not vote on more than one account in a 6 hour period.

Server Online
304 Players Online
960 Active Today
2xvotes.png
Server Time
  • :
  • :
Staff Online
1 Game Sage now in game!
Nanachy
Quick Chat
Come talk to us on