November 24, 2017, 04:23:01 am

Topic: Is MJD a ping reliant game?  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Venricsa

• Fuwa Celan
    • View Profile
Is MJD a ping reliant game?
« on: August 04, 2017, 10:49:35 pm »
I'm living around Asia and I've been a having hard time looking for games that does not require low ping (Blade and Soul, Tera, Etc..) for you to play your class/character effectively and enjoy the game. When i started playing MJD, upon entering the login screen, the server lists shows 350ms ping and it quite bothers me. Does this server has a difference when your living far away from the host? I have a decent internet connection tho. Please help!

Offline Galadriel

• View Profile
Re: Is MJD a ping reliant game?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 03:01:23 am »
you will need to worry about the Ping if you are pvp player, for better game play overall you will need to have good ping since MDJD an online game that latency effect on it causing a delay in the response speed of the game.
so yes been living far from Host will be reflected on having a bit of latency.
how ever MDJD  current server location is considered fair and good if not the best for the majority of the server players,since it was moved back to EURO from USA, back then only the players who live in USA had no problem with latency at time someone like me who live in Africa or others who live in EURO did have some latency,and it was worst for those who live in Asia, so been moved back to EURO (France) its good location for the majority of the players , for record of what i knew at the time server location was USA most of the players who live in Asia had their ping around 450:500 MS.
also take in mind if you are sharing your connection with some people,  you came to play MD a the time someone watching youtube or doing download, that will cause more latency.

good luck.

[/size]

Offline Venricsa

• Fuwa Celan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 05:24:14 am »
Yes indeed thank you for that. Well first i cant enjoy the whole gaming experience of a certain game without trying both PVE and PVP. Thats why i opted to make a post in the forum with regards to the PING since i am very much affected on my PVP gameplay. Most likely for the 9 days of playing i always have a consistent 350ms ping thats why i gave up xD Thank you once again!

Offline LuXueqi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 02:22:01 am »
From my experience playing Jade Dynasty for more than 6 years now (I think), I can confidently tell you that ping has basically 0 effect on PvE, however it will become frustrating how everything is just so sluggish and not responsive. In PvP, ping is the 2nd most important thing; first being your faction, then second being ping. From my own experience, having low ping somehow made it feel like I could use potions faster, thus giving an unfair advantage. Furthermore, this game is server sided, so if you lag, you're going to have a bad time with any kind of timing related skill/counter.

However, I have around 400-600 ping always, and still manage to somehow not suck in PvP, so I guess it's not such a big deal.

P.S. if you have 1000+ ping, just quit. You will end up throwing your mouse out of the window.

Offline sures

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 01:39:36 pm »
I'm living around Asia and I've been a having hard time looking for games that does not require low ping (Blade and Soul, Tera, Etc..) for you to play your class/character effectively and enjoy the game. When i started playing MJD, upon entering the login screen, the server lists shows 350ms ping and it quite bothers me. Does this server has a difference when your living far away from the host? I have a decent internet connection tho. Please help!
Years ago I was chatting in-game with another player who claimed to be on dial-up.  Apparently, at least at the time, one could play JD with whatever ping was common on dial-up? If that is the case, then on cable or good wifi connection, should be good to go?
Yeah yeah whoa!

Server Online
137 Players Online
644 Active Today
2xvotes.png
Server Time
  • :
  • :
Staff Online
1 Admin now in game!
Perryl
Quick Chat