July 22, 2017, 10:49:12 pm

Topic: Future for Md  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Fucknigga

• View Profile
Future for Md
« on: May 01, 2017, 09:21:18 pm »
Yo I'm going to keep it real MD we need new shit man ...we don't no anything .we don't no what's going on.when the new patches coming nothing..u Gms have to communicate with us.because MD is slowly dying believe it or not..and it will regain back life if you Gms just get new patches and updates...like for instance lumen how long has it been..

I'm not throwing shade at no body but I'm just saying theo..take it into consideration and get to it..ty
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 09:23:16 pm by Fucknigga »

Offline Drolma

• View Profile
Re: Future for Md
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 02:06:14 pm »
Hi all
As so many did on official servers, you seem to get bored of Jade Dynasty.
Why not to crate our own content? A good challenge for Monkey Dynasty community 8)

Offline LuXueqi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 01:51:29 am »
The thing that's more worrying is that there are less new players joining than players quitting. If this keeps going on the server will die regardless of how much new content, updates, etc. is released. I think it would be better if we gained more new players. Probably almost half of the characters on this server (and all other servers probably) are alts. We just need more new players and less alts, which will make the game more lively and active; increase PvP (which is one of the reasons why people play this game); items are in higher demand; and in return the owner of MD will then get more donations due to increased competition, etc, etc...

So, for now, I believe it is best if the management of MD decide to increase their efforts in gaining new players, instead of attempting to pour out half-assed content as a short term solution to this problem .

I truly wish people would stop urging the staff to release content as a short term solution, and instead would ask the staff to, for example, increase advertising or what not and allow the game to have an increased chance of attracting players. Nowadays, there are millions of MMORPG's to choose from, and without any form of advertising, most of the potential new players may not find MD and may choose to commit to other games.

I sincerely hope the staff will read this comment and take this into consideration.

Offline Nyzxan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 09:37:40 am »
I completely agree with LuXueqi. I think the server needs more new players.

Btw: I'm back ;)

Offline Tcholok

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dynasty
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 12:06:36 pm »
The thing that's more worrying is that there are less new players joining than players quitting. If this keeps going on the server will die regardless of how much new content, updates, etc. is released. I think it would be better if we gained more new players. Probably almost half of the characters on this server (and all other servers probably) are alts. We just need more new players and less alts, which will make the game more lively and active; increase PvP (which is one of the reasons why people play this game); items are in higher demand; and in return the owner of MD will then get more donations due to increased competition, etc, etc...

So, for now, I believe it is best if the management of MD decide to increase their efforts in gaining new players, instead of attempting to pour out half-assed content as a short term solution to this problem .

I truly wish people would stop urging the staff to release content as a short term solution, and instead would ask the staff to, for example, increase advertising or what not and allow the game to have an increased chance of attracting players. Nowadays, there are millions of MMORPG's to choose from, and without any form of advertising, most of the potential new players may not find MD and may choose to commit to other games.

I sincerely hope the staff will read this comment and take this into consideration.

I hear you, but I think Jade Dynasty in general has a dwindling playerbase. Most new players to date have not been random gamers looking for a new MMORPG but rather players already familiar with JD / PW from playing official or other pservers. I think JD is a pretty niche game with a steep learning curve that's not that conducive to a random new player looking for a new game. I could be wrong, but this is the feeling I've gotten.

We've experimented with google ads but have had no positive results from them. I think the only potentially viable form of advertising we have not yet tried is buying ad slots on gaming sites / pserver toplist sites in sections other than the JD section.

One other idea I've considered is a refer a friend system to incentivize players to advertise to their friends and other gamers. This is tricky to implement in a way that cannot be scammed / exploited, so that's why we haven't done this yet. Given how little money the server makes right now it's pretty hard to justify spending time on features like this without seeing some initial resurgence first.

Finally, I think the big wait on critical fixes and new content has led a lot of existing players to play other games while they wait for us to get the next update. That decrease in players makes the server less appealing for new players as well and it all snowballs. I do think that new content will help revitalize the community and that will be a good time to try some new advertising approaches.

If you have any suggestions for advertising techniques I'd love to hear them. It's not an area that I have had a lot of success with in the past and not one I have much experience in.

The last thought I'll leave you with is this: We still care and we still want this game to succeed. There are a lot of factors that are out of our control when it comes to new content and fixes and we're just as frustrated as you are with the stagnant community and influx of new players. We're open to any ideas you all have that may help.

Offline kitkatluv

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 08:33:22 am »
My only real suggestion is try to reach out to a larger and newer player base. There are alot of new games both computer and console wise that have boomed causing people to play older mmorpgs less. For instance Blade & Soul or PoE. There may need to be some new content and perhaps more geared towards people that don't like pvp or dueling each other so much. There are those that don't care to kill others, they enjoy the game and play for fun, however most mmorpgs gear more towards the pvp minded peeps, which is great don't get me wrong, but I think there should be an equal balance of both to pve and pvp events on any server especially private ones. My only other suggestion is to maybe if you possibly can expand out into another game like FW or Lineage, etc. there are alot of ways you can work to expand your player database, but it depends on the kind you want to keep. I hope this helps and isn't confusing!

Server Online
143 Players Online
434 Active Today
2xvotes.png
Server Time
  • :
  • :
Staff Online
Quick Chat
Come talk to us on
Facebook