July 22, 2017, 10:40:59 pm

Topic: End of Appeals, Staff Respect, Shifting Priorities  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Tcholok

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dynasty
End of Appeals, Staff Respect, Shifting Priorities
« on: January 31, 2017, 01:58:19 am »
Hey everyone, I've got several big announcements.

First of all, happy Year of the Rooster! I hope you all enjoyed the events hosted this weekend (thanks Kaz!) and rest assured there is some more in store for you. The main point of this post, though, is to update you on some changes we're making in how things are handled. This is all in an effort to shift the time we're spending from administrative work to  more development, events, and more.

Ban Appeals
Beginning in February we will no longer be processing ban appeals or amnesty. It is simply too time consuming and far too large of a distraction and there has been ample time for those who were in need.

Reprioritization
Ceasing appeals is in line with a general shift we will be making in priorities to put overall server development and community engagement above time consuming processes that do not help the server as a whole. Too much valuable staff time has been consumed dealing with a lot of administrative work that, moderation, and rule enforcement and defense.

The staff
Rely on your staff. As I'm sure you all have seen, the staff behind a server are the reason for successes, and failures. They can be the glue that holds it together or the corruption that tears it apart. We wouldn't have made it as far as we have without an excellent and reliable staff.

With that in mind, let me remind you that they are trustworthy and have the server's best interests at heart. They are in charge. They do not have to justify themselves to you. Review the rules and be respectful of the staff and your fellow players. There has been far too much harassment, rule breaking, and general trolling lately and it is wasting everyone's time. We will be dealing with harassment and rule violation quickly and without argument. If you are in a gray area or are unsure, you should assume you will be punished. Read the rules and be aware. But really, just some general common sense should be all you need.

We will also be review and clarifying rules where necessary and updating other policies and procedures to reflect this new initiative. Stay tuned.

Thanks for reading, and here's to a great new year!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:00:06 am by Tcholok »

Server Online
139 Players Online
421 Active Today
2xvotes.png
Server Time
  • :
  • :
Staff Online
Quick Chat
Come talk to us on
Facebook