November 24, 2017, 04:19:50 am

Topic: Database repair  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Remember to vote for us.
    • View Profile
Database repair
« on: September 21, 2016, 11:02:25 am »
Last night we had to take down the server for a short time to repair the database. There was a pretty significant issue that had caused the database to "fork". Normally, this would cause a rollback or wipe for most servers, but we have a unicorn.

Tcholok was able to repair the database, and as far as we know everything is working correctly now.

Today we're going to be watching and waiting for any more issues. Please be quick to report them. We want to get on with more development! We have much more in store for you.

I know I've been pretty quiet lately. I'm sorry, you deserve better from me too. I did take some time to reflect, as well as I had a vacation. I also got hacked. My PC was hacked and my entire password list was leaked. It caused me some stress, and I now use a password manager for all of my passwords. Even stuff I don't care about has extremely secure protection, now. I am also using 2FA on most of my accounts, and hopefully, eventually will be using it for all of them.

The goal now is to get back to the regular development some old players know and love. We know MD has a great community that is excited to see what new and exciting features we will implement in the future.

We really can't stress enough, your patience with us has been fantastic. Through all of the ups and downs, there is a large group of you that really stood by us. We really appreciate it.

Changes, tickets, unbans, bans, and other administrative tasks are next up. A small patch will come out within a day after I have a test server, and that patch will have some of your suggestions. Please, submit your suggestions on the forums, via the ticket system, or even make suggestions on this post.  I will post when the test server is up.

We're also looking for staff! Active users with in-game experience are required. Slack is a requirement. www.slack.com to download.  Don't even apply if you can't/won't join Slack with us. Staff are our eyes and ears in-game, they help with things that include testing new features and enforcing rules. You have to be a GS before you can be a GM, but there are GM positions open!

We may open Slack to all users, we'll let you know more about that soon.

Thanks for reading. Let's bring MD back to #1 again.
Submit a ticket at www.monkeydynasty.org/support for help.
Account trading is prohibited.
You may not vote on more than one account in a 6 hour period.

Offline Calypso

• View Profile
Re: Database repair
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 03:08:34 pm »
Could you put back in the starter pack?It use to be 2k monkey coins but could you make it something like the snake pack for starter people or make like I guess  a custom little note almost like the help npc that pops up when you first start at the starting zone of each  Side Human/Athan/Kyotos and Psychea that way people can learn a bit about the game  and Md if they choose to instead of running around blindly along with a few of the major rules as well. That way no one can't state that they don't know the rules. And also make SwordTower a more doable instance and maybe tamper with the SS  and make it where it can autoclick and reset itself with a certain item like Official and Xjd. That would be awesome. Welp that's all.

Offline ClaireLove

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 06:39:27 am »

Hi Perryl, I saw something: Angelic Dress for females. The wings are not visible in the front view of the marketplace when I wear it. I do not know if it is an issue, but I'm just putting it here. :)

Congratulations again and cheers!
CIaire (the letter L in my IGN is letter i)

Offline wpnx21

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 12:19:47 pm »
Whats the domain for slack so I can join. I'd like to reapply as a GS.

Offline XiaXue1713

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 06:57:41 am »
I would like to apply for GS as well and maybe work my way into a GM . Is there a link for the form?

Offline gallardo30

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 05:58:12 pm »
please tell me what happen to the servers, while i open Regenesis server it dont say or do a thing, so if there is something i should do to solve this, please let me know

Offline Bobinoobi55

• my videos http://www.myvidster.com/profile/mysecre
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 07:02:43 pm »

Server Online
137 Players Online
644 Active Today
2xvotes.png
Server Time
  • :
  • :