November 17, 2018, 06:54:48 am

Topic: Patch and stuff.  (Read 3395 times)

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Remember to vote for us.
    • View Profile
Patch and stuff.
« on: August 09, 2013, 07:46:40 am »
So I get a question like this 10 times per day, "When is the patch?" or "What's in the patch?" or some other variation of asking me about the patch.

So the first thing I want to say is that you guys really need to stop asking. The patch is going to be done whenever all the bugs are out and all the items are tested, etc. The longer a patch takes the more stuff is in it. What's in the patch won't be fully known until everything is tested and confirmed working.
Asking what's in the patch or when it's going to be does nothing but waste a few minutes of my time,  because I actually can't answer that question. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but when I get at least 10 of these a day, you can imagine how much it adds up.

So let me explain a little to you guys.

First of all, we run this server in our spare time, for me it's closer to a full time job, but for Tcho he has a day job already that he must commit his time to. As well as other obligations that I will not discuss, because it's not my business to discuss. He's quite busy though.
Over the past little while Tcholok has been very busy with another obligation, this type of obligation could not be ignored, and the server had to be put on hold - unless there is an emergency of course. Patch is not an emergency.
I started my own business in Feb, and I'm trying to dedicate time to that as well. I keep trying to hire web developers and either getting ripped off or finding people who are inexperienced. Currently I have 2 prospective developers to finish my site, but we'll see. That lets you know how busy Tcholok is though, he doesn't even have time to help me with my website.

I have been working on the patch at least a few hrs per day, but you guys don't understand how much is involved in writing a patch. The few who have done this before that play this server do have an idea, but the majority of you have no clue. Setbacks pop up all the time, from people who add me on Skype to essentially troll me and waste my time, to a power outage losing a ton of unsaved work.

With that said, I'm also moving on Wednesday of next week. So most of my house is either packed or being packed. My daughter starts her first year of school in Sept, and my GF is doing final exams right now in college.

Free time for me only comes if I ignore obligations. So please, just play the game and be patient. The patch will come.

Finally, the patch is almost done. I'm waiting on Tcholok to get back and work on the icons, and then I have more items to add, but most of the debugging parts are done. Today is Friday, so as much as I'd like to have it done today, it's pretty unlikely. I do believe it will be done for this weekend though. I don't know, it could be done today. Depends how much time I can spend on it today.
Submit a ticket at www.monkeydynasty.org/support for help.
Account trading is prohibited.
You may not vote on more than one account in a 6 hour period.

Offline jameshalfhill33

• View Profile
Re: Patch and stuff.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 12:25:34 pm »
I only recently came to MD but perryl is right, I used to do this kind of work for different private servers of a few different games, It is no easy task. At times it is a Royal Pain in the ***. Keep doing what yall do perryl it's a great game and great pserver. Keep up the good work!!! Thanks for the fun time I get to have here.

Offline villain000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 02:39:28 pm »
Thank you for even providing us with this server. I'm glad I found one where I could enjoy the game without the stresses of worrying over gears and other things like that.

Offline zTrickAYYYY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 03:00:25 pm »
So I get a question like this 10 times per day, "When is the patch?" or "What's in the patch?" or some other variation of asking me about the patch.

So the first thing I want to say is that you guys really need to stop asking. The patch is going to be done whenever all the bugs are out and all the items are tested, etc. The longer a patch takes the more stuff is in it. What's in the patch won't be fully known until everything is tested and confirmed working.
Asking what's in the patch or when it's going to be does nothing but waste a few minutes of my time,  because I actually can't answer that question. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but when I get at least 10 of these a day, you can imagine how much it adds up.

So let me explain a little to you guys.

First of all, we run this server in our spare time, for me it's closer to a full time job, but for Tcho he has a day job already that he must commit his time to. As well as other obligations that I will not discuss, because it's not my business to discuss. He's quite busy though.
Over the past little while Tcholok has been very busy with another obligation, this type of obligation could not be ignored, and the server had to be put on hold - unless there is an emergency of course. Patch is not an emergency.
I started my own business in Feb, and I'm trying to dedicate time to that as well. I keep trying to hire web developers and either getting ripped off or finding people who are inexperienced. Currently I have 2 prospective developers to finish my site, but we'll see. That lets you know how busy Tcholok is though, he doesn't even have time to help me with my website.

I have been working on the patch at least a few hrs per day, but you guys don't understand how much is involved in writing a patch. The few who have done this before that play this server do have an idea, but the majority of you have no clue. Setbacks pop up all the time, from people who add me on Skype to essentially troll me and waste my time, to a power outage losing a ton of unsaved work.

With that said, I'm also moving on Wednesday of next week. So most of my house is either packed or being packed. My daughter starts her first year of school in Sept, and my GF is doing final exams right now in college.

Free time for me only comes if I ignore obligations. So please, just play the game and be patient. The patch will come.

Finally, the patch is almost done. I'm waiting on Tcholok to get back and work on the icons, and then I have more items to add, but most of the debugging parts are done. Today is Friday, so as much as I'd like to have it done today, it's pretty unlikely. I do believe it will be done for this weekend though. I don't know, it could be done today. Depends how much time I can spend on it today.

First of all thank you for keeping everyone updated. Second, I think you guys deserve to have some time off regardless if its because you want to or because you have to. There are people who are mature and have obligations other that just play games. Those with bills to pay and family to be with know how it is. Those who have nothing better to do than just complain and ask for more and more should just fuck off and stop being so fucking selfish. I bet most of the people asking for the patch constantly are not even at "end game" status, so I ask myself why the hell they keep on crying for a patch when they still have so much to reach ahead of them in the current patch...? Just doesn't make any coherent sense. Anyways, thank you guys for all the work you've done in this server as it is the best.

-Done

Offline AcbdoBrln

• Why is it I'am so noob? o.o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 01:56:35 am »
I understand you Perryl :) and I know it is  hard to program a thing.  :D
Duru Duru Duru BLAH BLAH !! :)))

Offline Braindead

• Baylife.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 07:30:58 am »
But...When is the patch?

Offline Daraia

• I wove Tech Support!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 08:36:29 am »
But...When is the patch?

Hello,

patch will be released when it's ready.
The hell you want?

Offline kitkatluv

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 01:29:39 am »
Tcholok & Perryl you both are awesome and have done a awesome job with this server! You both managed to make this a even pvp/pve server and I haven't seen one since Xtreme Jade. Don't let the greedy lil monkey's tear your spirits down! Thanks for such a awesome game and keep up the good work! I know what you two do is some major hard work and having a job is more important, but I have faith and patience in both of you to make this the best JD server!

Offline Luissana

• If u need some help u can ask me in game *Milianna
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 08:20:07 am »
Teheheh that was cool ...he just explainit and still some1 wake up and ask the question :D:D: *when the patch is ready*   sems some ppl are to bored to read all message :D
But anyway guys take your time better wait a bit and be all good then an fast buggy patch ..

Server Offline
Server Time
  • :
  • :
Upcoming Events
.:.Meet me in Kunlun.:.
starts
Saturday Smackdown (+11/+12 Edition)
starts
Bloody Sunday (+13/+14 Edition)
starts
Ultimate Raffle